Presentation of: EGLISE DE LA TRINITE ET PARC DE LA GARENNE VALENTIN
BEWARE: THE CHURCH HAS BEEN CLOSED SINCE 23 JULY 2018 FOR WORKS OF INDEFINITE DURATION. The oldest church in Clisson and Fontevreau priory convent. Its architecture dates back from the 12th to the 19th C. Much modified in the XVII century by installing a Fontevreau priory, which remains a main building with a portion of the cloister and a chapel and a remarkable classified altarpiece . In 1970, was exhumed under the present choir tombstone probably dating from the origin of the church (1149), it is aujourdh'ui sheltered in the sacristy at the entrance of the north transept. Very damaged during the Vendée wars, the outbuildings were remodeled in the nineteenth century by Charles Jacques Valentin, friend of Lemot. He erected his summer residence on the site of the former convent, partly demolished which it incorporates some elements . The bucolic landscape park la Garenne Valentin like Garenne Lemot is another landscape park which is worth visiting, more modest proportions: 8 acres, it has a beautiful monumental folly called "rocks pavillion"
Registered and listed sites
Architectural style of the site
Visible point of interest without tour